Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23, 2009


One Month Update

It has been on month since I started this project and I thought I should take a look at what progress, if any, has been made. When I decided to test the power of positive thinking, the first few days proved to be easy. I was excited about the idea and had really high hopes. As the days progressed it became more difficult. It’s hard to break old habits and change your thought patterns. While I still have many, many things to work on, I want to share the things that I think have already changed for me:

• I am more patient with my children and I am enjoying them more

• I am developing a healthier relationship with food

• I am sleeping better and have more energy

• I am thrilled to wake up in the mornings and read and write – I am rediscovering my passion for writing and although it’s a bit scary I am pushing through my fear and feeling good about it.

Looking at this list inspires me to keep going because these are all changes that I am so happy about. It’s been a lot of work to keep myself in a positive mode, but I am already reaping the benefits, and I think it’s critical for my personal well being to keep going.

Each day since I started this project I’ve noticed how important and powerful a person’s thoughts can be. Yesterday I was playing with my daughter and she bumped her head on the side of the couch. It was a very minor bump, but being the drama queen she is, it was played up. She put her hand on her head and said “hurt” several times and then came over to me for a kiss. She does this on a regular basis – looking for a kiss to stop her pain. Even my four year old still looks for this. Their thoughts have led them to believe that a kiss from mom will ease the pain. I’m sure if you looked at this scientifically that wouldn’t be possible. But kids don’t care about science or the actual ability of a kiss to heal. They know that when mom kisses them the pain will stop. I just love how their little minds work and I continue to be inspired by them every single day.

Today is my husband’s birthday and I am looking forward to baking a cake with my kids and getting ready for his birthday celebration tonight. I find myself feeling incredibly grateful for the life I have. I have two beautiful children, I am married to an amazing man who inspires me and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, and I get to spend my days taking care of all of them. These feelings confirm that I must keep pressing forward with my new way of thinking. I am responsible for my own happiness and even though the days are often challenging, and I’m scared to make some of the big changes I know I need to make in order to be happy, I look into the eyes of my family and I see three great reasons to keep marching on!

Writing Update…

I have ordered several books from the library that will help me to push forward in my writing career. I ordered one on blogging, as I love this and want to learn as much as possible. I also ordered the 2009-2010 Writer’s Market, which is a huge book containing listings of every magazine you could write for, along with agent and book information. As soon as I receive it I will begin to make a list of every place I intend to write for and then start checking them off as I send things in. Finally, I am writing down the ideas that pop into my head every day for articles or books. One of these ideas, or possible several, will get published one day!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think...